Sunday, April 20, 2008

Metformin Day 2: April 20th, 2008

Hello everyone! Today is a wonderful day!
I have never had so much energy before. So, concerning the medicine, let's see...

I had some problems last night after I took my medication. I started to get stomach cramps and then I had a long meditative experience in the lavatory. No details, but I'm sure you can imagine, that this side effect probably isn't my favorite. I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night, and this part is funny, but my hand was moving on it's own. It was like the nerve has malfunctioned and my fingers were moving on their own. I pushed my hand into the bed and pressed down and let it sit like that for a bit, and then lifted it and the hand stopped moving on it's own. I was too tired to worry about it, but remember clearly thinking "Wow, this is kind of cool".

I woke up this morning, and was kind of tired, but I took some vitamin B12 and started to feel better. I packed up the kids and grabbed Bill (my husband) and we went to the gym and walked for a mile and a half. I then had taco bell for lunch- Chicken tacos with tortilla chips and refried beans, but I wasn't brave enough to eat the rice. For dinner I just had cheese, whole wheat crackers and some fresh fruit. It's 9:10 now and I took my pills (metformin and provera) about 30 minutes ago, and I'm hoping to not have another experience like last night.

I just can't believe how much better I am feeling lately. I have energy again! I cleaned two of our bathrooms and my bedroom today from top to bottom along with the hallway and stairs AND changed the litter box AFTER walking a mile and a half. This wouldn't be possible if my insulin was out of whack. I always felt too tired to do anything and just constantly hungry! It's nice to have my life back. 2 more days and then my dose increases. I hope the side effects don't get worse or my energy levels, but I will keep this blog updated.

ps. Still no period. She will show up with suitcases in hand soon, ready to stay for awhile, but so far no sign of her.

No comments: