Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 1, again

What a day, What a day.
I took 500 mgs last night at bed time. I usually stay up to read for an hour or two, usually with a rumbling tummy demanding food, but I took the pill and about a half hour later, my stomach was not growling and I was tired. I guess this is why the bottle says "May cause drowsiness" :)
I woke up this morning and my stomach feels a little queasy, but nothing too bad. I actually felt a little hungry upon waking so I decided to do something I never do- have breakfast. I am not a good breakfast eater, never have been, so this morning I had a turkey on whole grain sandwich, banana, and water. The bakery here has some really nice seeded wheat rolls with flax seed which I love. I just hope that I don't end up "paying" for eating the sandwich later on after I start to digest. Time will tell. I know better this time than to eat lettuce, but I've forgotten many of the foods that I don't do so well with. I guess it's trial and error.

On a side note, I would like to list some of the reasons why I decided to start the Metformin again. Well first, I am getting a mustache. Yes, as in hair on my upper lip. It isn't black hair, still light but it is very noticeable. My testosterone levels are high enough that I pulled a hair off my chin a few weeks ago, had one on my chest, and my facial hair is growing longer. Embarassing as that is, I have vowed to put my ego aside and to tell the truth on this blog. I also have only had one period over the last 4 1/2 months. I am currently over a month late which means that I probably haven't even ovulated in quite some time. My weight has blossomed to an all time high and my BMI actually made it to 36.5. I started working out and cut out the horrible foods in my diet a few weeks ago, but my cravings are so out of control that my will power is weakening and I find myself craving salty chips, fried chicken, soda, and candy. Healthy food doesn't appeal to me, but I could eat an entire bag of chips. The cravings for junk are so strong that I think they are worse now than they were when I was pregnant. On the Metformin, I notice that my cravings greatly diminish. I just wish that with insulin resistence, that my body would crave HEALTHY things but it's always the bad things for some reason.

My husband, right now, is away on Military orders so my options are limited on exercise because I do have two children. But when he gets back, which is very soon, I plan on going to the gym and searching out some support groups on base so that I don't make these changes alone this time. My husband is supportive and plans on helping me by not bringing junk food home himself, but I need to start going to the gym too. The Metformin helps me in that because it should help make my exercises more effective. It does me no good to work out for an hour and then come home and fall slave to my cravings.

So if you are reading this, and you are feeling any of what I have been feeling, please feel free to comment. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Today is day one, but hopefully it is a great beginning.

2 comments:

Simone said...

Hiya! Found your blog from SoulCysters... Good luck with the Met! I've tried it an it wasn't pretty but did have some results with it!
(februarystar)

Sally said...

Thank God! I was wondering just what you were doing. Now I know. Good for you Stacey!! You can do it - I know you can. I'm here with you kiddo.