Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Metformin Day 19: May 7th, 2008

I'm BAACCK! Things are going so well for me, it's hard to describe. I feel so good! I had a normal period, lasting 3 days but a good flow for the first two, and I am doing well. Hard to believe I had a three day period. Usually they never end. It's almost like a normal person's period.

I am doing well with the 1500 mgs but I have to take them all at once at night time. It's the only time I actually feel ok. I know it's supposed to be spread out, but it's the only way I can handle the whole dose. I sleep through most of the side effects which is a blessing. I am back down to losing the 5 pounds again but I haven't seen any real signifcant weight loss. I am not losing hope though, I think in a few weeks I should see some more improvement in that department.

I want to tell you, lettuce while on Metformin is not the greatest idea. I won't get into an more detail as I am sure you can use your imagination but lettuce= bad!

We go to Rome next weekend and I am worried about side effects while down there. I am thinking of not taking my met for the days we are there and then coming back and taking 1000 mgs again for a few days before I work back up to the 1500 mgs. I need to do some more research first though.

I will still keep continuing to update the blog here. I can say things are getting much better.

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I check here every day so I can see your progress... it's motivating to me :)

Mike Minzes said...

Very cool blog Stacey! I will be back for more!